- A program led and managed by physicians on the medical staffs of St. Bernadine Medical Center and Community Hospital of San Bernardino.
- A network of physicians opting to collaborate with the hospitals to utilize evidence-based, quality initiatives to improve quality and efficiency of care.
- A network of physicians who will collectively negotiate with health plans and local self-insured employers for improvement in reimbursement, based on its ability to achieve quality benchmarks.
SCICN-IE IS NOT
- A program led by hospitals.
- Physician employment.
- Costly to physicians.
- An agreement that will put individual physician fees at risk.
Why physicians join SCICN
- Clinical integration is a proven method to improve the quality and cost of patient care.
- The network provides a support system for private practice physicians facing healthcare reform challenges.
- Independent physicians are able to jointly contract with health plans for commercial patients, with recognition for achievement of quality benchmarks.
- Physicians receive access to business intelligence information technology.
- Physicians also receive visibility across the full continuum of care.
Benefits of joining SCICN-IE
Membership in SCICN-IE offers physicians:
- Opportunity to collectively negotiate with commercial payers and local self-insured employers for improvement in reimbursement, based on our ability to achieve quality benchmarks.
- Access to a robust, effective care management team to help you identify and manage your high-risk and rising-risk patients.
- Free, no risk training ground to help you collaborate with other physicians to learn to effectively manage patients in the new fee-for-value healthcare environment.
- Collaborate with other physicians who are committed to improve quality care and patient outcomes, as well as the efficiency and cost of care provided.
- SCICN is physician-led. Its Board of Managers is physician-dominated with one hospital representative.
- SCICN is sponsored by St. Bernadine Medical Center and Community Hospital of San Bernardino.
Zero enrollment costs
- There are no enrollment costs.
- There are no ongoing participation fees.
Did you know?
- Membership in the Southern California Integrated Care Network: Inland Empire (SCICN-IE) is non-exclusive and does not limit a physician’s ability to contract with health plans independently or through another clinical integration program, accountable care organization (ACO), independent practice association (IPA), physician organization (PO) or physician hospital organization (PHO).
- SCICN-IE will focus on new and innovative payer agreements available only through SCICN-IE.
- Each potential payer agreement with SCICN-IE is carefully reviewed by the physician Board to ensure it presents a real or potential economic benefit to physicians.
- You can terminate your participation at any time, for any reason, upon a 60 day notice.
- All quality initiatives and physician participation criteria are developed by SCICN-IE physicians.
- Quality performance is measured across your entire patient population, not just that of a single insurance company. You have access to a web-based tool with the ability to compare yourself against local, regional and national quality benchmarks.
- Any information you share with SCICN-IE is confidential. It is used to measure performance and identify opportunities for improvement, to assist you in improving your quality scores and for demonstrating the overall performance of SCICN-IE to the community.
- Physicians compose a significant majority of the SCICN-IE Board of Managers.